Are you searching on Google for the trick How to use Reliance Jio 4G SIM in a 3G mobile? Then you are landed in the right place. Reliance Jio will provide 4G services on a pan-India level using LTE technology. Reliance Jio is a 4G only service & to use it you must have a 4G supported smartphone with you. The people who are using 3G smartphones no need to disappointed. For the sake of you people, In this article, I have listed all the possible ways to use Reliance Jio SIM in 3G Smart Phones. If you are struggling to use the Reliance Jio SIM on your 3G phone, this article helps you a lot. Also, check out Jio Internet APN Settings for Mobile.
How to use Reliance Jio 4G SIM in a 3G Mobile
Click Here for Reliance USSD Codes
For Qualcomm Chipsets using Jio SIM on 3G Mobile
- Download Shortcut Master (Lite) App From Here.
- Install the app & Open It.
- Click on Menu (vertical Three Dots on top right side)
- Now Go To Menu then Search for “Service Menu” Or ” Engineering Mode “
- Then Select “System App” Option For Deep Search. If Found then open it and access to change LTE Bands If that doesn’t work,
- Once You Got the Engineering Mode, Open It and Select Change LTE Bands.
- If the above Doesn’t Work Then Dial *#2263# then Select Menu And Click Back Again Then Select Menu.
- Then Go To Key Input And Enter “0000” without quotes, Then Wait For Couple Of Seconds, after that You Will Get Popup.
- Select UE Settings From that Popup, after that Select setting>protocol>NAS>Network Control>Band Selection>LTE Band> The Select “Band 40”.
- That’s it. Now you can Insert Jio SIM & Check Whether You Are Getting Signals Or Not.
- Restart the Device and Place it in First SIM Slot.
For Mediatek Chipsets using Jio SIM on 3G Mobile
- First Download CPU-Z app from Playstore.
- Install and open this app.
- Wait while it retrieves your device information.
- Within few seconds you will see all your device information on the screen.
- If your device is using Mediatek Chipset then it will reflect with the Logo of Mediatek Chipset on the screen.
Also Read: Jio Plans for Prime & Non-Prime Members
Suggestion: You need to activate your SIM before going to do this process if your Jio SIM isn’t activated then check out the process from this article.
- First Download & Install MTK Engineering Mode app in your 3G mobile device.
- This Application will allow you to run an advanced Setup from the Engineering Mode Menu of MTK phones, which is also called SERVICE MODE.
Note: Use this secret menu very carefully. In case if you don’t know what you are doing then just stop it or don’t do it!!
- Open the installed app, or dial your mobile device specific code for Engineering Mode
- Click on the MTK Settings and Select Preferred Network Option.
- Now you can Select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as network mode and you can save it and turn it off and on your mobile device.
- Once you have done the above steps, Shutdown the device.
- Insert your Reliance Jio 4G sim in 1st Slot and keep the 2nd Slot empty.
- Switch on the device and then you will see jio sim network.
Within 10 minutes you will now get the Jio Network but you will not get the 4G speed still, you will get 3G speed. Which is also better.
- No items.
Hope You understand How to use Reliance Jio 4G SIM in a 3G Mobile. Still, if you have any problem regarding this issue, you can ask us at below comment box. If you like the article ” How to use Reliance Jio 4G SIM in a 3G Phone “, you can share with your friends via Facebook & Google+ and feel free to ask your doubts.