Are you searching for How to activate Airtel Data Share? in Google. Then you have landed on the right place. Recently Airtel Have Started new Service i.e, Airtel Data Share. With this service, you can share your 3G/4G Data with your Friends or Family. In which, you just need to Recharge your Airtel SIM Card with Data pack & Your other Family members and Friends can use your Data Pack too. Previously, we had given How to Transfer Balance from Airtel to Airtel. Don’t worry Friends, if you don’t know how to Share Airtel Data. We are always there to help you. Here we are providing all the information regarding How to activate Airtel Data Share. If you want to share your Internet Pack with your Family, first you have to add their Number in your Data Sharing List. Then, As they use data, your Data balance will be cut.
3G/4G Airtel Data Share
How to Share Airtel 3G / 4G Internet Pack with your Friends or Family
- At First, You Need to recharge your Number With 3G or 4G packs for Share your Internet pack.
- Then, Check your Airtel Internet Data balance by Dialing *123*11#
- If you have enough data pack for share, then open www.airtel.in/family
- Now, Enter Your Mobile Number here, & Enter your Airtel Password or One time password, which you will get in your phone number.
- After Successfully Login, Enter Airtel Number of your Choice, in which you want to share your Data pack.
- After that, It will show you a Success SMS & you are done.
Alternate Method to Add Number for Airtel Data Share
You have also an Alternate method, to add some number in which you want to share your data pack. You can Add number in your Family List via Sending a Simple SMS. Which is mentioned below. Check it out. It won’t charge you even single rupee. it’s free SMS, you can add maximum 4 numbers in your Airtel 3G/4G data sharing list. so check it out from below.
Send SMS as ” ADD <number>” to 121
For Example – ADD 9876543210 send to 121
How to Delete Airtel Data Pack Sharing Number, Which you was Added Earlier
By sending a simple SMS you can also remove any number that was previously added by you to Data sharing List. Here we are providing SMS format in order to remove the Number from Data Sharing list. Once you removed the any number from Data Sharing list, they will not be able to use your data anymore.
Send SMS as ” DEL <number>” to 121
For Example – DEL 9876543210 send to 121
For Check Airtel Data pack Balance dial *123*11#
To Send Airtel Data Pack, After Adding Number in List
Now, you have successfully added number in your Data Sharing list. You can send Data packs to your friends, to which numbers you have added in your list. You can also delete number from your list. If you want to share your Airtel data packs, just follow the below simple steps, which will work for you instantly.
For Sending 10MB Airtel Data
- For sending 10MB Data pack to another friend, dial the below USSD Code
- Now, Press dial button after add number in your list.
- follow on-screen instructions, & then you will be able to send Data packs.
For Sending 25 MB Airtel Data
- For sending 25MB Data pack to another friend, dial the below USSD Code
*141*712*9*Beneficiary AirTel Number#
For Sending 60 MB Airtel Data
- For sending 25MB Data pack to another friend, dial the below USSD Code
*141*712*4*Beneficiary AirTel Number#
- Follow on-screen instructions & you will be able to send data packs to another person.
Terms & Conditions
- The ‘MyAirtel Family’ service allows a prepaid user to create a ‘family’ of upto five (5) members including himself/ herself and share his/her 3G or 4G data pack with them. No sharing of 2G data packs is allowed.
- The ‘MyAirtel Family’ service is free, i.e., there are no charges for creating a ‘family’.
- All members of the ‘family’ must be Airtel prepaid customers from the same telecom Circle (please note that Mumbai, Maharashtra, Kolkata, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West), Chennai and Tamil Nadu each constitute an independent Circle.
- A prepaid user cannot create more than one ‘family’ simultaneously. Similarly, a prepaid user can be a member/ beneficiary of only one ‘family’ simultaneously.
- The user creating a ‘family’ (hereinafter referred to as “Owner”) will not require the consent of other users to add them to a ‘family’. However, an added user (hereinafter referred to as “Member”) may remove him/herself from the ‘family’ at any point in time by sending SMS <DEL> <space> <10 digit mobile number> to 121 or by logging on to www.airtel.in/family.
- When a Member removes him/herself from a ‘family’, the Owner will be notified by SMS.
- All Members will have unrestricted access to the shared data pack of the Owner. The Owner acknowledges and agrees that once a ‘family’ has been created, he/ she will not be able to restrict data usage of individual Members from the Owner’s data pack. Also, the Owner cannot allocate a portion of his/her data pack for sharing and once shared, the Owner’s entire data pack is available to the Members.
- In respect of the shared data pack, neither the Owner nor any Member will be able to monitor any Member’s or Owner’s usage behaviour or quantum of usage, whether in aggregate for all Members or for an individual Member and will not be provided any Member’s usage information even from Airtel customer service or through other channels.
- Once a ‘family’ has been created, every 3G or 4G data pack recharge of the Owner will be automatically shared with the ‘family’, until the Owner deletes the ‘family’.
- The Owner may delete the ‘family’ in whole or in part, at any point in time and no consent will be required from any Member. A deleted member will be notified of deletion by SMS.
- A Member’s existing or subsequently added data pack (whether 2G, 3G or 4G or handset bundled offers), i.e. whether recharged prior to addition to the ‘family’ or when part of a ‘family’, will be fully used prior to the Member being able to use the Owner’s shared data pack.
- Service Specific Data Packs of the Members (such as Facebook, WhatsApp etc.) will be consumed in place of the Owner’s shared data when the member is accessing the specific service.
- Night Store Data Packs (Daily Night Packs), any service specific packs (such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc), handset bundled offers, any free data provided by Airtel and 2G packs are not shareable. In case of Unlimited 3G packs that are being shared, the Owner will get throttled post the Data Limit on the pack. The Members of the Family, will not have access to Unlimited Data at Throttled speeds and will move on to charging from their other own accounts.
- Any night cashback earned through consumption of the shared data will be credited back as shared data only and shall also be shareable.
- When the shared data balance reaches thresholds of 100 MB, 50 MB and 10 MB, 0 MB, SMS warning alerts will be sent to all members of the family.
- When the shared data account gets exhausted, users who attempt a browsing session that might be charged from their individual account balance for their internet usage; will be notified with a Pre-Session USSD popup as well.
- If any member of the family, moves out of the Airtel Network of that particular circle to another network or Airtel network in another circle, they will be removed from the MyAirtel family automatically.
- The entire MyAirtel family will automatically cease to exist in event of any of the following;
- The Owner ceases to be an Airtel subscriber
- The Owner converts to Airtel postpaid
- The Owner moves to another Airtel Circle through MNP